Hi, I’m maymay. I’m the information age’s equivalent of a wandering minstrel; I travel wherever I’m needed and wanted, offering my skills as an activist, a scholar, a public speaker, and a technology consultant to the world freely. Instead of owning a home, I live on the road. I’m grateful to everyone who shares food, shelter, or money with me so that I can continue to do Good Work with Good People for the benefit of our future.
You can support me, my Work, and join the adventure! Please contribute as much as you are able, and no more than that. Respect your own limits!
Chances are I’ll need a couch to crash on soon. May I stay with you? If so, please get in touch with me via email, Facebook, Google Plus, CouchSurfing.org, OkCupid, Twitter, Lanyrd,
FetLife (why not FetLife?), or calling (323) 963-4827. The best way to reach me while I’m on the road is by sending me an SMS/text message.
Here’s a map of where I’m travelling, and where I am now (hover your cursor over my icon to read a city name); click a pin to see details about my travel needs. :) If you’re near any of these places, let me know so we can share a drink. If you’re not, but would like to share a drink with me anyway, send me an invitation to join you in your neck of the woods and I’ll have a great reason to put it on the map!
- Red pins () are places I think I’ll be soon,
- blue pins () are places I’m thinking of going eventually,
- and question mark pins () are places I’m thinking of going whenever I get the chance.
Drop a few coins in the hat?
You can make a single donation via PayPal or credit card in the amount of your choosing using any of the “One-Time Donation” buttons on my various websites. This donation will not be processed repeatedly:
You can also use the following buttons to contribute $2, $5 or $10 each month, and you can stop contributing at any time you choose:
If you use Flattr, Tip The Web, or have BitCoins, you can send me tips by flattr-ing blog posts or videos that moved you or flattr-ing me, as a person. Flattr-y will get you everywhere. ;) To do so, click the , Tip This, or buttons when you see them on any of my websites. You can also donate directly via Flattr.
Food (and other necessities)
Cash is nice, but what I really need it for is food, drink, and other necessities. As a writer, coffee is particularly useful! ;)
Ways to keep me fed from the comfort of your home, in your underwear!
Having access to the items below also makes it easy for me to be generous to others; should I encounter a hungry, injured, or dehydrated person, having gift cards to chain stores makes the stores’ supplies available to me to support the other person with.
- Add money to my Peet’s Coffee & Tea Card (card number 11001003064490, pin number 7088).
- If you have a Starbuck’s Card, you can transfer money to my Starbuck’s Coffee Card (card number 6066595457437033, security code 31847000).
- Add money to my Caribou Coffee card (login using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and the case-sensitive password Cyberbusk-Coffee6036). If you have an unused Caribou Coffee card you’d like to donate to me, contact me to let me know so I can add its value to mine.
- If you have a (cash) Subway Card, you can transfer funds from your card to mine. (Use my existing Subway Card number: 6277 2032 7815 8442.) You can also buy me a Subway Card, but get in touch with me so I can tell you where to ship it next.
- Got airline miles you’re not using? Transfer ‘em to me (or straight up buy me some) so I can get from point here to point there:
- You can also gift me Marriott Hotel Rewards Points. (Use my Marriott Rewards Number, 862452174, and my legal name.)
- Free hugs are great, too. :)
Thank you so much!