I have been completely remiss in blogging these past few weeks. For this I would apologize, save for the fact that I’ve been doing a whole other kind of writing.

It’s taken a little longer than I would have liked and the result is anything but finished, but I’ve finally completed making Orgasm Logger public. At the moment, the only really interesting thing that it does is provides the means to easily keep an orgasm counter on your blog as long as you can enter a single line of straight HTML in your blog service of choice. But, come on, how cool is that?

It seems that Blogger blogs have no problem with this (obviously, since mine is one), and neither do personally-hosted tools where you can edit the blog template, such as WordPress, MovableType, and so on. WordPress.com users, however, seem to not be able edit their template code and the posts themselves are stripped of the required HTML to make this work. As of right now, I don’t know of a workaround, but if you do, please let me know.

The really ugly, completely limited interface is actually somewhat decieving. I spent a lot of time under the hood of the site, so to speak, making sure the schema for the database is as sound as I could make it. I hope to be able to expose a number of other capabilities soon as well as add some bells and whistles when the opportunity presents itself.

In the mean time, it’s a good place to store some basic information regarding orgasms (and other sexual experiences). I like doing this because I find that keeping accurate records of my own body can become invaluable information later on. If you use the site, I hope you enjoy it. If you find problems, please let me know!