The Predator Alert Tool for ChristianMingle, or PAT-ChristianMingle, is a tool that alerts you of profiles on Spark Networks’ ChristianMingle dating site belonging to people who have reportedly violated others’ consent, such as through sexual assault or rape. This tool is based on the popular Predator Alert Tool for FetLife, a dating website for the BDSM/leather/sadomasochistic subculture and, I have to say, the code is almost identical for both websites. Coincidence? I think not. :P
The Predator Alert Tool for ChristianMingle (PAT-ChristianMingle) empowers Internet users like you to anonymously report harassment, rape, and other abuses they have experienced at the hands of a person with a ChristianMingle account. Your report is then automatically disemminated to other PAT-ChristianMingle users, as well as being published on the open Internet.
- While browsing ChristianMingle, the Predator Alert Tool will visually highlight any user profile you encounter that has allegedly violated another person’s consent. Click through to the user’s profile for a complete listing of reported consent violations.
- Each time you load a user’s ChristianMingle profile, that user’s profile picture is scanned against the United States’s Sex Offender Registry using the facial recognition service provided by CreepShield.com, and the most likely match is shown to you:
Click the “Search” button to get the full search results from CreepShield.com.
The following software must be installed on your system before installing the Predator Alert Tool for ChristianMingle user script.
To install the Predator Alert Tool for ChristianMingle, go to http://maybemaimed.com/playground/predator-alert-tool-for-christianmingle/ and click “Download and install” near the middle of the page:
If you enjoy this script, please consider tossing a few metaphorical coins in my cyberbusking hat. :) Your donations are sincerely appreciated! Can’t afford to part with any coin? It’s cool. Tweet your appreciation, instead.
To use the Predator Alert Tool for ChristianMingle (PAT-ChristianMingle), log in to your ChristianMingle.com account and click the “(report a consent violation by username)” link next to the ChristianMingle username of the user who you wish to report for an alleged assault, rape, or other violation of your consent.
When you click a “report a consent violation” link, you will be presented with a form asking you for pertinent information related to the violation you would like to report. Follow the instructions on the form and click “Submit” to complete your report.
Once you have filed your report, it will be displayed to other PAT-ChristianMingle users near the top of the alleged abuser’s ChristianMingle profile, as shown in the example below:
Please be patient. It may take up to 24 hours for your report to be visible on ChristianMingle pages to other PAT-ChristianMingle users, but it will be immediately available on the open Internet.
Avoid using abbreviations when you complete the “Where did the abuse happen?” question in the report form when you are filing a report yourself. That is, prefer entering “Baltimore, Maryland” over “B’more, MD.”
The entire database of alleged abuses is also available for download to anyone, regardless of whether they use PAT-ChristianMingle or not, in multiple formats:
- Download the database of alleged abuses by ChristianMingle users in CSV format.
- Download the database of alleged abuses by ChristianMingle users in plain text format.
- Download the database of alleged abuses by ChristianMingle users as a PDF file.
- Download the database of alleged abuses by ChristianMingle users as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Download the database of alleged abuses by ChristianMingle users as an OpenDocument spreadsheet.
Additionally, you can also subscribe to receive updates of alleged abuses:
- Subscribe to the database of alleged abuses by ChristianMingle users as an ATOM feed.
- Subscribe to the database of alleged abuses by ChristianMingle users as an RSS feed.
Before you report a new issue with the Predator Alert Tool for ChristianMingle (PAT-ChristianMingle), please check to ensure your question is not already addressed in the list below.
- Can I report a consent violation anonymously?
- Can I report a consent violation if I don’t have a ChristianMingle account?
- Can I remove myself from the database?
- What can I do if I’ve been falsely accused?
- Where can I learn more about this issue?
Yes. PAT-ChristianMingle will never require the use of your personally identifying information to be reported, nor will it ever collect your personal information. When you file a report of abuse, you are welcome to include as much or as little information about yourself as you feel comfortable doing.
Yes. Anyone can file a report, regardles of whether they, themselves, have a ChristianMingle account. However, allegations can only be made against users of ChristianMingle.
If you don’t have a ChristianMingle account, you can still access and submit the report form. However, some fields, such as the person’s numeric ChristianMingle user ID and profile name, will not be be automatically filled in. Follow the instructions on the report form to help you complete any fields not already pre-filled.
If you know that a particular person has both a ChristianMingle and a Facebook profile, you can also use the Predator Alert Tool for Facebook to link the two profiles together and alert your friends on both sites.
No. There will never be an option for removing anyone from the database. And no, I’m not sorry about that.
You can update your ChristianMingle profile to address the allegation. Be sure to respond to the allegation at the very beginning of your “About me” section so that it is displayed close to the report you believe is false. Each report filed against you is numbered, so if you believe there are multiple false accusations, you can refer (and even link) to them by number. For instance, if your ChristianMingle user nickname is
ExampleUser, and you have two PAT-ChristianMingle reports associated with your profile, then you can link to the second of the two reports on your profile page with the following URL: https://ChristianMingle.com/search/details.html?u=ExampleUser#faade_abuse_report-2
The following articles are important reads that offer additional background and context for this issue:
- The privacy information FetLife doesn’t want you to read
- FetLife Is Not Safe for Users
- FetLife: Not Consent Counts, but Convictions Count, eh?
- Let’s get practical: Care about Internet privacy because it keeps your loved ones physically safer
- ABSTRACT: Tracking Rape Culture’s Social License to Operate Online
- Help FetLife’s Rape Culture FAADE Away
- Realize that Karlson-Martini is the kind of person the BDSM community protects. That 19 year old Elizabeth â€˜Lizzieâ€™ Marriott and Noelle Paquette are the people who die because of it.
Regading the Sex Offender Registry:
Each of the pages listed above also contain numerous additional links. Take the red pill and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
- Version 0.1:
- Initial release.